You love vintage fashion, so you go through the markets looking for the best deals. You’re a top trends follower and seeks your favorite Instagram accounts for inspo. You find those Levi’s at a great price, you place the order and when you get home, what a disappointment… You realize that the Levi’s you bought are not what they said they were. Unfortunately this happens often, but… Hey, don’t panic! In Avelinas Vintage we will give you the keys how to shop for Vintage Levi’s Jeans.
How to spot fake vintage Levi’s Jeans
Avoiding counterfeiting is not an easy matter. There are indeed many manufacturers trying to sell fake Levi’s Jeans on Internet. We have to be careful, since we can get an unpleasant surprise if, thinking that we buy some original Vintage Levi’s Jeans, we get a counterfeit. Identifying an imitation is easy if you know how…
Small details are the key
We will never know if Vintage Levi’s Jeans are 100% authentic since there are imitators who work hard to try to trick us. That’s why we’ve created this checklist to help you to spot a fake piece. Note that this list is based in our years of experience spotting fake Levi’s and we love to share it with you.
- Levi’s Rear label. The first thing that indicates Levi’s are Levi’s is the label. Everyone knows it. However, despite the efforts of counterfeiters, there are details impossible to copy. It must be made of bovine leather, soft to the touch. The Levi’s logo must be printed on it: two horses printed on it that indicates the incredible strength of the brand’s clothing.
- The Tab Device® aka Red Tab. First placed in 1936, it is made of cotton and with the word “Levi’s” embroidered (in the course of the twentieth century different variants of this label were created). It must have a clean, straight stitch. It is placed one inch below the pocket edge. It can be of various colors depending on the model.
- Check the rivets. They must be 6 in total. The front of the Levi’s rivets is engraved with the initials L.S.&C O.S.F.
- The buttons. They must be engraved on the front “Levi Strauss & Co. San Francisco.” Behind the button must be engraved the Style number, also visible printed in the inside label.
- Arcuate Stitching Design®. The back pockets of genuine Levi’s Jeans are stitched with two connecting double arches that meet in the center of the pocket forming a perfect diomond shape. They are sewn with two different thread colours, orange for pocket sewing and yellow for detail.
- Seams. All seams must be accurate and resistant.
- The zipper. The Levi’s logo must be visible, either engraved or perforated.
Always buy from a reliable seller
Whenever you go to Vintage Levis Jeans shop, make sure the salesman is reliable. Product photos must be consistent with each other. Do not buy from sites that have only one image, as they may have taken it from any Internet site. At Avelinas Vintage we only work with genuine Vintage Levi’s with certified suppliers.
How to shop Vintage Levi’s Jeans
Once you are sure that the seller is trustworthy, it is time to proceed with the purchase.
Very important: measure yourself
As you know, there is no international norm for fashion sizing. Therefore, to avoid unpleasant surprises, Avelinas Vintage recommends that you always measure yourself. It’s something that takes less than a minute to do and can prevent you from having to return your precious Levi’s 501.
How to measure yourself to buy Vintage Levi’s Jeans
See the size guide for each manufacturer. In Avelinas Vintage you will find it inside each product card. Click on the icon named as “Size Guide” and follow the instructions. Once you know your size, choose your Vintage Levi’s Jeans according to the table.
We hope this guide will help you. You can check all our Vintage Levi’s Jeans here. If you have any further questions, you can contact us through our Customer Service Department, we’ll be happy to help you.
Avelinas Team ❤️.